Thursday, March 7, 2013

Jenn's Preemie Hat 1.5


So a couple of years ago, two good friends of mine gave birth prematurely to their little girl Abigail. So I was all too happy to knit up a few hats to keep her little head warm. This pattern is one that I made up. Its still super easy. Nothing more annoying then a difficult baby hat! Who's with me?





Originally published 07/24/11

So I wrote my first pattern today. I call it the Miracle Preemie Hat. All babies are miracles, especially a premature baby.

So here it is:




Yarn: Sirdar Snuggly Smiley Stripes (or any baby yarn. Not fingering weight)

Needles: US 4
Baby Abigail Rene'e Crabtree. One month of age. 

To begin


  • Cast On 54 stitches
  • Work ribbing in k1p1 for 16 rows
Change to Stockinette Stitch
  • Row 1 - knit
  • Row 2 - purl
  • Row 3 - knit
  • Row 4 - purl
  • Row 5 - 11 - knit
  • Row 12 - purl
  • Row 13 - knit
  • Row 14 - purl
  • Row 15 - 21 - knit
  • Row 22 - purl
  • Row 23 - knit
  • Row 24 - purl
Start Decrease - Repeat from *
  • Row 1 - *k3 k2tog
  • Row 2 - *p2 p2tog
  • Row 3 - *k1 k2tog
  • Row 4 - *k2tog
Cut long tail from skein and thread through the remaining stitches and pull tight. 
Sew up seam on wrong side.
Turn right side out and voila! All done with a cute stripped and textured hat! 
Add bows, ribbons, and/or pompoms if you like. (I didn't. I figure a preemie will have others things to worry about instead of messing up their pompom...)



Well have fun. It doesn't take long to do, and its totally cute! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn, I finished the hat today! How do I post photos here?

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a photobucket account, you could use that. If not, you can email it to me at Aileen1331@gmail.com and I will post it for you. If that's alright. How was the pattern? Was it easy enough?

    ReplyDelete